Vietnamese barber shop
Moobthaibteb Moobtwmzeej
2008-10-01 21:30:07 UTC
Have never seen Caucasian barber shop does it. Been to a few Korean
barber shops, they don't do it either. However, got a chance to try
this Vietnamese barber shop and like it very much. After they
finished cutting your hair, they use a hot towel to clean your face
and also massage your head, neck, and upper back. Even with providing
thess extra steps of service, their price is lower than all the other
barber shops that I have been to around here. For those that live in
an areas where there are a lot of Vietnamese and there are Vietnamese
barber shops around, just wonder if all Vietnamese barshops do the
same as this one or is it only this particular one that does it?

Moob Lajleeb
y***@gmail.com
2008-10-02 06:46:09 UTC
Have never seen Caucasian barber shop does it.  Been to a few Korean
barber shops, they don't do it either.  However, got a chance to try
this Vietnamese barber shop and like it very much.  After they
finished cutting your hair, they use a hot towel to clean your face
and also massage your head, neck, and upper back.  Even with providing
thess extra steps of service, their price is lower than all the other
barber shops that I have been to around here.  For those that live in
an areas where there are a lot of Vietnamese and there are Vietnamese
barber shops around, just wonder if all Vietnamese barshops do the
same as this one or is it only this particular one that does it?
Moob Lajleeb
Moob Lajleeb,

I went to a Vietnamese barber shop in Milwaukee but he did not provide
that kind of service that you just described. It cost only $8.00 for
the cut but I gave him $1.00 to $2.00 for the tip every time I visited
him.

Sounds like a good barber shop. Where is it? I would like to try it
if I'm nearby one of these days. I am scatty about the hot towel that
he used to clean his customers' faces. Are you sure he did not use
the same towel for every body? I doubt it.

Did you give him a tip for such good service? Many of the Asian
people failed to pay tip for their services.

Noog yajyuam.
t***@hotmail.com
2008-10-02 15:39:06 UTC
Moobthaib..

you know brother, i heard:) that if you softly touch their hands (only
if you're a man and the barber is a woman) when they massage your neck
(they are asking for the password...and by touching their hands
softly...that is the answer)...and make eye contact with a
smile....you could also get your oil changed.

but then again, kuv hnov xwb nawb.

yaweh
Moobthaibteb Moobtwmzeej
2008-10-02 16:56:49 UTC
That's an interesting point on the tiping. I am guilty of that
offense too many times. However on this particular barber shop, I am
starting to tip now.

When we think of a barber do we automatically think that it's a man,
or do we think that a barber is just someone who cut hair, regardless
of gender? Same as for hair dresser in a salon, do we automatically
think that they are women? How have everyone's experience been for
getting their hair done by somone you would not normally think would
do such job? I mean do you get better service from a woman barber
than a man barber, or you only think so because she is a woman and you
just feel differently than getting a hair cut from a man? By the way,
I've got my hair cut by women barber down south before, but around
here in the DC areas women barber out number men barber. So far I've
only seen one guy at the Vietnamese barber shop that provide the hot
towel and head massage service, the rest are women. All the Korean
owned barber shops that I've been to also have women out number men.

When you go to a barber shop, do you want to just get in and get out
or do you want to actually trying to catch up with a little bit of
relaxation? I've been to a military base one that got everything done
under eight minutes, which I find it very efficient in time quality.
However I also like to get my scalp massage either by the electronic
clipper or the barber's hand when s/he is trimming the hairs, so that
will take some times. Whether or not the barber strike up any
conversation with me is not really all that important because sometime
it can be very interesting that make the timing go by quickly or very
boring that you can't wait to get out, so best not to consider it at
all.

Moob Lajleeb
Noog yajyuam.
zhen
let me know the address of the barber shop you go to.
l***@gmail.com
2020-01-08 14:15:39 UTC
And if it's still in business.