Help: How Do You Get Rid Off Jackfruit Super-Glooey Sap on Your Fingers & Hands?
HenryDavidT
2015-03-02 08:53:26 UTC
"Jackfruit" is formally, scientifically known as Artocurpas Heterophyllus.

Anyway, I ate a piece tonight, and now my fingers and palms are sticky as hell, even after a few rounds of washing using BOTH normal dish washing soap AND A-jax powder!

How the hell do you get rid of the sticky, syrapy glue substance?

And for the budding scientific student or chemist: do some research and find out if you could isolate the MOLECULAR COMPOUND for this sticky sap/sugar and make it into a SUPER GLUE product!

I am serious here... this stuff has the strength of super-glue but its flexibility, its fluidness, its VISCOSITY stickiness go way beyond the property of super-glue, which fails when you expose the compound to H20 (before it has a chance to dry, with a hard top layer, that is)...

But this Jackfruit sugary, glooey substance IS NOT neutralized by H20. It is still as sticky after I washed my hands a couple times, as it was before washing...

There must be tons of applications for this highly viscose-like molecular compound, surely! My keyboard is all sticky now, from my fingers!

This is funny, too, but it is also a seriously fuckin' determined glooey sugary compound we're dealing with here, in a scientific manner!
AEON
BAKING SODA IS THE SOLUTION OR ELSE USE W40 SPRAY ON IT OUR STICKY THING WILL BE GONE IN NO TIME HE SAID.. THAT WAS PART OF FIRST TIPS IN *SS MARY CAN IN 1987 A COUSIN ADVICE ME A LIFE LONG TIP OF BAKING SODA & W40. ALL FROM CLEANING DIRTY PLACES TO LUBRICATING TIGHT THINGS FOR *SS MARY CAN. WARNING: DON'T ATTEJPT TO CORRECT ME TYPOS OR SUFFER YOUR OWN ATTEMPT. HAHAHA! HEY HOW ABOUT ORANGE SKIN FLUID.
p***@yahoo.com
p***@yahoo.com
2019-08-05 21:40:05 UTC
Post by HenryDavidT
[...]
I used goo-gone on my hands and the knife--came right off